Monday 28 October 2013

Add Comment Box in SharePoint Enterprise Wiki Pages

Hi Everyone,

Today I had a new requirement to add a Comment box for all the Wiki pages. It will be used to give feedback or comments for that Wiki page content.

In SharePoint we have a very powerful webpart for that its nothing but Note Board webpart.

I thought of adding it to the Page Layout and when ever a new page is created it will be created with the new comment box.

So below code has to added to added in the page layouts to include the Note Board webpart to the wiki pages.

<SharePointPortalControls:SocialCommentWebPart id="noteboard" ChromeType="None" runat="server" />

How To Add:

Edit the page layout in sharepoint designer and add it next to the <PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField Tag.

After adding the the note board webpart save the page layout after saving it the Note Board Webpart will take a __Webpartid automatically.

Happy SharePointing... :)

9 comments:

  1. The solution works fine on Premises but does not work in office 365 . Microsoft seem to have blocked the Noteboard webpart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I have worked wit On-Premises version only, dint have a chance to test it in Office 365.

      Delete
  2. Hi John,

    This solution worked, but I noticed after adding this to our master template, it adds some lines to reusable content we have on the page. This wasn't anything we noticed before, but now there is a single line above and below the reusable content. Have you noticed this before? When I remove the code from the template, the lines disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian,
      I have not come across this issue before, you can hide those lines using CSS.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing, This is a nice article..
    Its easy to understand ..
    And this article is using to learn something about it Intreends.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. off page seo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intuit QuickBooks support phone number
    specially provided by intuit for QuickBooks customers so they can easily reach to the support line, it has different extensions for its different versions like QuickBooks desktops and QBO payroll support and more.

    ReplyDelete